Before The Frenzy Easter Solutions from NESTLÉ®
*This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EasterEssentials #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about you, but with twelve grandchildren, any holiday around here is a mad-house frenzy! I try to make sure everything is done before the big event, and then we just have to reheat and eat! Of course, it helps that all my grown kids bring a side dish, but my teen boys still at home love to contribute as well. I always try to find an easy sweet dessert recipe that the boys can complete and use as their contribution. Some kind of “Holiday Bark” recipe usually ends up being my boys’ go-to contribution. They love it because it’s kind of a controlled mess. What boy doesn’t love to make a mess?! This recipe is so easy, even the younger children in your house can help!
This year the boys chose to decorate their Easter Bark with Jelly Beans, various Easter candies, Easter-themed baking decorations, and sprinkles. I added NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Spring Chocolate Chip Morsels that I picked up on our last trip to Walmart. I think they add a little Spring and Easter color!
- 1 lb. White confectioners coating
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Spring Chocolate Chip Morsels
- Small Easter candies/ Easter Cupcake Decorations
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Line a jelly roll pan with waxed paper and set aside.
- Melt confectioners’ coating in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring frequently and scraping down the sides of the bowl to prevent scorching.
- Spread melted confectioners coating in prepared pan and sprinkle with NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Spring Chocolate Chip Morsels, Easter candies, etc. Press into confectioners’ coating. Refrigerate about an hour or until firm. Break into pieces and serve!
After we slid the pan into the fridge to set up, I took the boys’ minds off the candy with a snack. There’s nothing better to take a kids mind off something than food, right? Especially when that food is the New HOT POCKETS® Snack Bites that I found at Walmart!
The boys just love these little morsels of goodness, so I will be keeping them on hand. I like that they have 100% real cheese and premium meats, but mostly I love that they satisfy my teen boys’ hunger.
When they have HOT POCKETS® Snack Bites for snack, I can keep them out of the kitchen until I get dinner on the table.
In this case, it kept them occupied until the Easter Bark was finished!