They Are Not Lying When They Say Tasty!
Ok, I know you saw this picture of Cheesy Bacon Egg Cups on my Instagram feed last week …
Here’s the recipe –
- 3 slices of bread
- 3 Tbsp. shredded cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked
- 6 eggs
- Salt & pepper
- With a jar or cookie cutter, cut 2 circles into each piece of bread. Place in muffin tin cups.
- Wrap a piece of cooked bacon along the edge of each muffin cup—make sure the bacon is JUST cooked and still warm, so it doesn’t break or crumble.
- Sprinkle ½ Tbsp. cheese into each cup, then top with an egg.
- Season with salt & pepper, and bake at 400°F/204°C for 15 min (longer for firmer yolk).
- Top with green onion.
I basically doubled the Cheesy Bacon Egg Cups recipe, but I also did a couple of things differently. First, I cut my bread into quarters and tucked those into the muffin spaces. I don’t have time for cutting circles out of bread, and the bread I buy isn’t big enough for two circles from one slice. I don’t believe in wasting that much bread either! Also, I used more cheese. My family is big on cheese, and a half a tablespoon on each just wouldn’t have been enough.
These things taste so wonderful! The recipe is from BuzzFeed Tasty and it is the easiest to make. I found it on Facebook, but if you give it a minute to load, you can just watch it here …