My Cats Agree On Almost Nothing!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YouGottaBeKittenMe #CollectiveBias
Meet Bella and Rusty.
Yes, these are two separate pictures. No, I cannot get a picture of the two of them together. They refuse to get that close to each other. They both eat in the kitchen, but they won’t eat out of the same bowls. They both sleep on our bed, but they won’t sleep in the same place. There are a few things they do agree on. They both love to play with the same toys, and we all agree that Fresh Step Total Control with the Power of Febreze is the best cat litter ever!
One of their favorite toys is this toy that the boys and I put together.
This toy is so easy to make, so I’m going to show you how to make it. That way your cats can enjoy it too!
Here is a list of the things you’ll need to make it –
- A stick – we just use one of the sticks from our blinds. There is a hook on the end, so you can easily remove and reattach the toy when you want to play.
- String – you want about 4 foot of string. You don’t want it too long or short because then, it won’t be fun to play with.
- Feathers! – You can use just one or two, or a whole bunch!
- A rubber band, zip tie, glue, or a hot glue gun (with hot glue) – Any of these will work to keep the feathers all together.
Directions for Assembly –
- First, if you are using a zip tie or rubber band to hold your feathers together, tie one end of your string to whichever one you chose before you hold your feathers together with it. (If gluing your feathers together, keep in mind that if you are using regular glue it will take a while for it to dry before you can tie your string to them.)
- Now attach the other end of your string to your stick. You can glue it, but the easiest way is to tie it. If you are using a stick from one of your blinds, don’t glue the string to it or the cat will end up tearing up your blinds trying to play with it when you aren’t there!
That’s it! I know your cats will love it. It doesn’t have to be pretty, they just want something they can chase and jump around to play.
I was so excited to be given a $100 donation to donate to my favorite pet charity. We immediately took that money to the Montgomery County Animal Shelter, where I have volunteered, and my boys adopted their dogs. I know they will put the money to good use, and take care of those wonderful animals that are in their care.
Oops. There goes Bella heading for the cat litter box … so, while she’s gone, let’s talk about litter for a minute.
Fresh Step Total Control with the Power of Febreze is the best cat litter I’ve found. It clumps better, making it easier to dispose of easily. Also, I don’t have to scoop every time the cats use the litter box, because it doesn’t smell like it did when we used other litters. I can scoop every couple of days now. I don’t know about your cats but, both of my cats have refused to use the litter box because of over powering scents in litter. Fresh Step Total Control with the Power of Febreze uses Febreze to control that ‘litter box’ odor. Febreze is not the scent, and the Borate Technology removes the bad odors. The litter does have a lemongrass citrus scent, which is not overpowering at all and the cats don’t mind it either. I love that it comes in a bag because it cuts down on the packaging- just another easy way to live ‘green’! The bag is easier to store, open and reseal too.
You can only find Fresh Step with the Power of Febreze available at Sam’s Clubs. It is cheaper to buy in bulk, and let’s face it, cat litter needs to be bought in bulk! Right now (from 5/11 – 6/5, 2016) you can even get it cheaper because Sam’s Club gives you $3.50 off with the May Instant Savings Book. You can grab that book right inside the door at your favorite Sam’s Club!
Fresh Step Total Control with the Power of Febreze has made life easier for us. That means, I have more time to spend playing with the cats!