Crockpot Thursdays Are Easy Cheesy!
The recipe this Thursday is one of my boys favorite ways to eat chicken. I’m pretty sure it has to do with the cheese involved in the recipe. This is also one of my favorite chicken recipes because it is so simple to make. So, let’s get started!
Easy Cheesy Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- 2 lbs Chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 large can Cream of Mushroom soup (Or, Cream of Asparagus, or Cream of Broccoli!)
- 8 oz pkg Cream Cheese or Neufchatel Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. medium shell pasta
- Put chicken in one layer in slow-cooker.
- Pour soup over chicken, covering evenly.
- Cook on low setting until chicken is done (4-6 hrs)
- Shred chicken, taking out bones if using thighs.
- Cut cream cheese (Neufchatel cheese) into small cubes and stir into chicken until melted in.
- Stir in Parmesan Cheese.
- Cook pasta in pot on stove according to directions on box.
- Drain pasta and stir into chicken mixture in slow-cooker.
Bacon Brussels Sprouts
I served this with Bacon Sauteed Brussels Sprouts and my boys left very little left-overs. The Brussels sprouts were completely gone. The really funny thing is, my husband worked late the night we had this. If I had not told the boys to save their dad some of the Brussels Sprouts, they would have eaten them ALL. When I make this Brussels Sprouts recipe, I use two bags of frozen sprouts, and 1/2 to 1 lb of bacon. Chop the bacon, and an onion up into small peices, then fry them together. Don’t drain it! Cut the sprouts in half and cook them up in the bacon grease. I eat only a small portion of these when I make them, but the bacon gives them such a wonderful flavor! It’s the only way I can get the boys to eat Brussels Sprouts!
Ok, so you got two recipes today! I hope your family really enjoys these recipes. If you have a recipe you want me to post, email me and let me know! I’ll cook it up and share YOUR recipe here! If it isn’t a crockpot or slow cooker email, that’s ok. I’ll share it on another day. Just email me and send me your recipe.
If you are a blogger, come link up your slow cooker/Crock-pot recipe with us! We’d love to try your recipe too!